POLICY ON POSTING COPYRIGHTED RYSEUP STUDIOS CONTENT
Last updated: October, 20 2020
We are extremely honored by the interest shown by players in our games, characters and worlds, and we’re always excited to see the creativity that comes from our community.
We do not object to fair uses of gameplay footage, and/or screenshots captured from games that we have released to the public and for which we own the copyright.
We even encourage you to make creative and dynamic works (“Fan Content”) such as artwork, photographs, videos (walkthroughs, Let’s Play, reviews), etc., using our games, artwork, videos, music, characters, logos, and other intellectual property (“RYSEUP IP"), and publish that Fan Content on your personal website and/or blog, YouTube or similar digital services, as long as you follow some basic rules.
Please read this Policy carefully before creating any Fan Content and posting such content relative to RYSEUP IP. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time by posting the revised Policy to our Websites. Any existing Fan Content that no longer complies with this Policy due to a change in the Policy must be modified to be compliant with the Policy.
To help guide you, we prepared the following guidelines:
- You may create Fan Content based on RYSEUP IP as long as you comply with this Policy. Any Fan Content that violates this Policy is prohibited. At any time, we i) reserve the right to object to any use of RYSEUP IP and we may submit takedown requests to third parties hosting any Fan Content, ii) can revoke, in our own discretion, your permission to create Fan Content for any reason.
- All Fan Content must be appropriate for the audience of the RYSEUP IP and consistent with the spirit and tone of the RYSEUP IP (as determined by RYSEUP). Please keep your Fan Content focused on our games, and away from overtly controversial topics. Fan Content must comply with applicable law, may not violate the rights of others, and must not be obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory, defamatory, offensive, objectionable, or harmful to others.
- Fan Content must have no commercial (i.e., monetary) objective. Do not use RYSEUP IP and subsequently Fan Content to make money or gain any other financial benefit. This means you can’t sell Fan Content and you can’t use Fan Content to help sell other products or services. Similarly, you can’t require payment to view or access any Fan Content. As an exception to this, you are permitted to monetize web videos (such as YouTube) with advertisements or other secured and official subscription-based system (such as Patreon), so long as those videos otherwise meet the requirements of this Policy and specifically:
Music: The music we use in Roboquest is our own. If you post a video with our licensed music content on a video website, it won’t result in a copyright strike from the website.
You are free to monetize your videos via the YouTube partner program and similar programs on other video sharing sites, even if your video includes music tracks from the original Roboquest soundtrack: Robocream, produced and created by Noisecream©. You are not allowed to monetize a Fan Content in which the music would be the main interest of your Fan Content.
- You are only permitted to use RYSEUP IP that has been officially released, or from promotional materials officially released by RYSEUP (such as product trailers and soundtrack). RYSEUP treats pre-release leaks very seriously; you may receive a copyright “strike” or suffer other consequences if you violate this guideline.
- You are authorized to post game content that could spoil the story to other players such as showing the ending of the game, pure cutscenes or any other big reveal in the story if you use appropriate and clear spoiler warning tags (we also encourage you to use verbal spoiler warnings at the start of your videos). No one likes spoilers, so keep it fair.
- If you want to use the intellectual property of a third party, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary third-party permissions.
- You may not say nor imply that your Fan Content is endorsed or approved by RYSEUP. In the same way, you may not create or use any Fan Content in a manner that could cause people to believe that it is an official RYSEUP production. For example, a fan website may not be designed to look like an official RYSEUP website, and it must be clear to visitors that the website is not a RYSEUP website.
- You must display the following disclaimer on the Fan Content directly or on the Fan Content’s associated description, such as the Youtube video description (including on any web page containing your Fan Content):
Portions of the materials used are trademarks and/or copyrighted works of “© RYSEUP STUDIOS”. All rights reserved by RYSEUP STUDIOS. This material is not official and is not endorsed by RYSEUP STUDIOS.
If RYSEUP’s original materials include any credits or legal lines, you must not remove them.
- You may not use any RYSEUP IP in any manner that is derogatory to RYSEUP or that may damage the value, reputation, or goodwill of RYSEUP or its products or brands (as determined by RYSEUP).
- You may not take assets from our games (e.g. voice, music, items) and distribute them separately.
- You still have to follow the terms of our software licenses and user agreements, which means, among other things, that you cannot modify any of our games without permission and you cannot copy, reverse engineer, distribute, or do anything else with the game software that would breach the applicable end-user license.
- If you use RYSEUP brands, logos, game titles, character names, or other trademarks (“Marks”) in connection with your Fan Content, you must follow these rules:
- Marks must be used only in connection with discussion of the RYSEUP products or business they represent. Do not use Marks to identify or promote you, your Fan Content, or any other products or business.
- Marks must be used in a manner that will enhance and not damage the reputation and goodwill associated with the Marks.
- Do not use any Marks in the name of a website unless it is clear from the name that the website is not an official RYSEUP website.
- Do not register or use any domain name that is confusingly similar to our domain names.
- Do not alter any Marks. If you wish to visually modify our Marks to make it fit your brand, logo, theme or your content creator visual style, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before using them in a public release, you will then have to wait for our consent to use them.
Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in RYSEUP taking action to have your Fan Content removed. Note that you use RYSEUP IP at your own risk, and we don’t offer any warranties.
If you have questions that fall outside of the guidelines listed above, please contact us at: